Monday, January 12, 2009

Martin Puryear Prints @ deYoung Museum through Jan. 11, 2009






I got over to the deYoung today to see the Martin Puryear exhibit. I loved it. I wasn't really interested in seeing anything else, so even though the other exhibits near by were interesting such as the installation with charred wood from a church burned down, mixed media sculptures utilizing spent shells, guns and other weapons of war to bring attention to futility of using was a means to attain peace.

After I left the deYoung, I went to the Museum of the African Diaspora to see the Hewitt Collection of African American Art. It was also closing today and I spent over an hour on the third level watching the interview with one of the collectors and then revisiting and rereading the notes on some of my favorite artists, some who I hadn't known before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home