Thursday, November 26, 2009

Eidul Adha in the San Francisco Bay Area

On Friday, Nov. 27, at the Lake Merritt Garden Center, there will be a large gathering to mark the greater of the two holy days in Islam, Eid Al-Adha. Today after observing the fast commemorating the part of the Hajj where pilgrims are on Mt. Arafat. I think it was here that Prophet Muhammad gave a speech, my friend Hamdiya, Sister Khadijah, Hamed and I shared a lovely meal. Sister Khadijah literally threw down with turkey, dressings, gravy, potato salad, green salad and banana pudding.

We listened to great oldies, but goodies featuring, Smokey Robinson and Ray Charles, the Jackson 5 and Minnie Ripperton and others, as we talked smack and bested each other in Bid-Wist. We warmed up on dominoes.

While looking at the score sheet after 6-7 games, I noticed that though my partner and I might not have traveled to Boston, we got close enough to think about booking a flight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home