Sunday, August 02, 2009

Oakland Summer Theatre

Saturday evening after a walk around the Lake found my friend and I at the Oakland Summer Theatre production of Aladin and the Magic Lamp. It was a cute story of friendship, the power of imagination and magic.

I couldn't help but recall my daughter, now 30's participation in the Studio One Theatre when the play was the Ugly Duckling. The kids were great then and were great tonight as well. I was surprised to see many of the children on stage whom I'd just spent a week with at Feather River Camp. One mother in the audience had on a camp tee shirt. I think everyone in the audience except us had a kid or a relative on stage. It's great the way Gerald Wright has kept this tradition going in both lean and fat economic times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home