Sunday, December 21, 2008

Winter Solstice






This has been a good weekend, a little slower than I might have liked. I didn' get to everything I wanted to see, like Black Nativity at Allen Temple--I forgot and the Hybrid Project at Intersection Friday night--I was feeling sick, and the party last night at Kele's--I got back to the East Bay from Mable John's concert in Mill Valley at 12:30 a.m., but things are moving along okay. I am about to head over to the Sistas Wit Style Holiday Banquet and then to the Taj Mahal concert.

Brianna and I had fun at the African American Shakepeare's "Cinderella" this weekend. I also enjoyed Black Nativity at Lorraine Hansberry Theatre earlier this week.

I have to grade papers fast because I think I'm going to go visit my mom and because I waited to the last minute, I'm going to have to drive and I hear it's going to be storming on Christmas, which is when I planned to return in time for Umoja at the Eastmont Branch Library and my radio show on the same that Friday morning.

We're going to talk about Kwanzaa, the American Book Awards, the fundraiser for the San Francisco 8 with Paul Mooney, and I don't remember what else. I have to check my notes. Stay tuned: http://www.wandaspicks.asmnetwork.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home